List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] color schemes poll
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-12-15 23:56:11

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> As some of you have undoubtedly noticed, there are a whole bunch of
> installed color schemes these days. I've been going for wide coverage,
> but it's time to start assessing which ones we actually want to ship,
> and which can be sent off to svn's blackhole.
>
> To that end, please post your votes here, by assigning to each of the 18
> schemes (the Zion pair don't count; see below) one of five choices:
>    keep        - ship this one
>    maybe keep  - only kill if we really have to
>    indifferent - ship if there's extra room
>    maybe kill  - kill first if we have too many
>    kill        - don't ship this one

A bit OT, but I have noticed that some of the color schemes have
contrast issue for selected and not selected text.  Some of the extra
colors simply can't be seen.

Also, I would like to see a KDE2 like color scheme.  To start this, all
that is needed is to port KDE2 to the new format and place it on top of
Plastik, and then see if there are any serious issues.  I would do this
if there was a reference somewhere that equates the old and new color names.

And, when I get around to it, I will vote on the other schemes.

--
JRT