List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] ...and then there was one
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-12-12 16:49:38

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 07:25:18PM -0600, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Of [1], [2], [3], which should stay? (My vote is [2]).
>>
> i think i prefer 1 for the stronger text colors.
> try a middle tone between the selection backgrounds of 1 & 2. i find the
> lighter one more pleasant, but the positive, etc. colors are almost
> unrecognisable on it.
>
> fwiw, i think this is a real problem of kcolorscheme: trying to use the
> same text colors on both light and dark backgrounds is not going to work
> and will cause accessibility problems.

Actually... that's a problem with the KCM. Eventually (read: post-4.0) I
want to try to make it "smart" about auto-picking colors for all sets.
Right now, I'm being lazy and trying to pick colors that work well with
all sets. But each role is actually defined independently for each set,
so if we need to, it is possible to assign totally different foreground
colors for each set. (And, it may be a good idea to consider doing this
for shipped schemes, especially the default scheme.)

--
Matthew
Ideas in this e-mail are larger than they appear and the writer may be