List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] oyxgen style + kmultitabbar
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-10-01 18:29:29

Jamboarder wrote:
> Perhaps that should be added to list of things that
> need fixing/completion on the Oxygen project Techbase
> page.  I'll volunteer to add it, if there are no
> objections.

I object ;-). Mainly because the page already says:

*  tabs are not drawn correctly
   * [assigned: mwoehlke] we need "inverse slabs" to fix this
   * directions other than north aren't done at all

But I'll entertain improvements to the current wording if you think it
is needed.

(Since I see it looks like you - or at least someone - already edited
the page, I guess you noticed this :-).)

> - Content padding on the buttons in the lower right is
> too small. (I thought I saw a commit that seemed to
> fix this...)

Some fixes have been attempted, but there are still quite some issues.
Thanks for the addition, I am going to add a QA note as well.

> - Should use cases for different display resolutions
> be added to the QA section?

Possibly, did you have something in mind? (Currently I don't think we
make any adjustments for different resolutions... nor does any style,
for that matter, as far as I know.)

> - Have we selected a benchmark against which we can
> measure the "performance" of this style to aid
> regression testing?

Nope, although I do know there are performance issues currently :-).
Like, the slab* and group box backgrounds should probably be cached and
aren't.

(* internal term for the "visual idea" used for buttons, non-editable
combos, etc.)

> Beyond pointing out these and other things, I'm
> willing to volunteer some time each week to help.

Coding help would be awesome (especially things like fixing the metrics
stuff that doesn't need so much artistic direction and isn't always
obvious), but even pointing out "TODO"s is useful.

--
Matthew
"Ah, yes. Control the media and you control the world."