List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] oyxgen style + kmultitabbar
From:       Jamboarder <jamboarder () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-09-29 17:17:12

Perhaps that should be added to list of things that
need fixing/completion on the Oxygen project Techbase
page.  I'll volunteer to add it, if there are no
objections.
Based on this screenshot, I'll offer to add the
following as well (please take these as nothing more
than *constructive* feedback to help get the style
done.  I'm not interested in anything more than
getting KDE4 4.0 out the door complete and on-time):

- Content padding on the buttons in the lower right is
too small. (I thought I saw a commit that seemed to
fix this...)
- The spacing between the scrollbar and its associated
content appear inconsistent for different apps.  In
this case the vertical and horizontal scrollbars are
pushed up against the window border but several px
away from the content box.  In other cases they're
pushed up against the content box. I may be app
related but it doesn't appear cause as much visual
disruption in other styles.
- Toolbar expansion "handle" (the ">>" on the right
edge) is not yet done. (Is this a style issue?)
- Are the toolbar and splitter handles final?  What is
the artistic mandate for how these should look? (I
know, I offered a suggestion for this and no I'm not
hung up on it.)
- Should use cases for different display resolutions
be added to the QA section?
- Have we selected a benchmark against which we can
measure the "performance" of this style to aid
regression testing?

Beyond pointing out these and other things, I'm
willing to volunteer some time each week to help.

Respect,
Jamboarder