List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] checkbox size and toolbar handles
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-27 18:32:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 27 September 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > i have to say that Jamboarder has a good point. the radio buttons and
> > checkboxes are out of proportion to each other; using kruler to see the
> > edges of the widgets clearly really highlights the issue well.
>
> I never said they "weren't"...

and that's the issue. design is not a collection of independent parts, but
indpendent parts designed to fit together. if each piece is perfect, but
clash with each other, it's all for naught. i'm sure i'm not saying anything
that everyone here doesn't already know, of course; just seems that
occasionally we lose sight of that =)

> when I originally did the radio buttons,
> pinheiro /asked/ me to make them a bit smaller,

yes, i remember that.

> and I agree with the
> decision; to my eye, they look "right" that way. The checkbox in
> Jamboarder's "after" to me looks noticeably too small, and I have a hard
> time seeing the radio buttons bigger... in my aesthetic opinion, they
> are both "just right" as they are now.

separately, yes. together ... mmm...

> > something else that might "work" is to center the radio buttons better;
> > i'm not sure if it would actually work visually in practice (i'm just
> > envisioning it in my head, which is a poor place for that to happen ;)
> > but it may provide the missing symetry for when radio and checkboxes are
> > stacked vertically, as in Jamboarder's screenshot.
>
> Hmm... now that you make me look close, they are off by exactly one
> pixel, aren't they? *That* I absolutely agree should be fixed.

=) let's see how it looks after that fix then ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se