List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Record navigator icons
From:       Jarosław Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-08-29 7:22:51

James Richard Tyrer said the following, On 2007-08-29 06:02:

>> Fopr your convenience I put screenshots of record navigator:
>> [1] KDE3:
>> http://kexi-project.org/pics/2.0/alpha2/record_navigator_crystal.png
>> [2] KDE4:
>> http://kexi-project.org/pics/2.0/alpha2/record_navigator_oxygen.png
>>
>> I quite like the fact the icons have neutral color.
>> Question: could first/last icons fit better to previous/next?
>>
>> (I also remind you the issues with dots in first/last ".<" ">."
>> buttons I put into "A case for go-{first/previous/next/last} oxygen
>> icons" thread in the end of april.)
>> [2] is real implementation now, not a mockup. And well, in the
>> meantime for KDE4 I set the buttons flat.
>>

>> I'll scale down the "+" icon for, as the height of the line is limited
>> by scrollbar's height. Right now to increase visibility I have also
>> added frame's border on top of the navigator's line (see
>> http://kexi-project.org/pics/2.0/alpha3/find_win.png), so this have to
>> be nicely composed with the icons too.
>
> Too many frames should be avoided.

There was previously no frame in the pane, what looked weird, as typically,
you have sometimes two gray areas - parts of the table view and the navigator bar.

>> BTW scrollbars, maybe it is sane to have a collection of navigator
>> icons that look similarly to default scrollbar's arrows? It's a way
>> how navigators look in some apps.
>>
> Are these private Kexi icons? [YES]  If so, why?

[1] were private

> Is there some reason that this shouldn't simply use the sequential
> navigation icons:
>
>     go-first
>     go-previous
>     go-next
>     go-last
 >
 > And do we have a 'new' icon?

[2] Is exactly using these icons. And "+" is "edit-add".
I am asking about possibility of improve these icons _or_ improve copies of them.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek