List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] OpenDocument MIME icons
From:       jos poortvliet <jos () mijnkamer ! nl>
Date:       2007-05-18 11:00:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Op Friday 18 May 2007, schreef James Richard Tyrer:
> So, I reworked the icon: "application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.text" using
> what I feel are proper design methods.
>
> I attach PNG renderings of it.  Please compare to the current PNG Oxygen
> icons in the same sizes.

Sure yours are much clearer at larger size, but for the smaller ones, the
oxygen icons aren't bad at all (eg compare the 32 vs 32, the Oxygen might
even be better). And I think for the large one, it doesn't matter if it's
very clear or not - it's big enough anyway.

Can you explain what the differences are? And probably make a 16x16, or would
that have to be hand-tuned anyway, like the Oxygen one?

In any case, guys, don't forget this is email you're communicating with, and
this topic isn't very appropriate for that - it's very likely you would've
had an agreement if this was real-life communication in a few minutes,
instead of a fight. It seems James is sincerely concerned, and that is
applaudable. Maybe, James & David, a skype call can clear things up, and
James might be a big help on the team ;-)

After all, this is FOSS < we should be cooperating as much as possible.

grtz

Jos

--
Disclaimer:

Alles wat ik doe denk en zeg is gebaseerd op het wereldbeeld wat ik nu heb.
Ik ben niet verantwoordelijk voor wijzigingen van de wereld, of het beeld wat
ik daarvan heb, noch voor de daaruit voortvloeiende gedragingen van mezelf.
Alles wat ik zeg is aardig bedoeld, tenzij expliciet vermeld.

   A: Because it destroys the flow of the conversation
   Q: Why is top-posting bad?