List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Request: CSV icons
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-05-06 21:29:11

James Richard Tyrer said the following, On 2007-05-06 03:07:
>>> Sorry to burden you with political considerations.  I'm not really very
>>> happy about them either.
>>
>>> The type face used is Times New Roman PS which I think is a very common
>>> font.  Note that with fonts, the outline isn't copyrighted, only the
>>> name is copyrighted, so once it is converted to an outline, the
>>> copyright no longer applies.
>>
>> I said the oxygen team would do the oxygen mime type, no problem, the
>> one you shown passing has oxygen is not oxygen at all.
>
> Why isn't it Oxygen?
>
>> "a," is a very bad way to do a mime if you ask me, but you dont, in
>> fact it seams the only with political problems as you put it was you.
>
> JS specifically asked for that -- for "a,".  Therefore, that is what I
> made for him as a sample.  He seemed to like it.
>
> If you want to use the attached, I am willing to consider a request.

Let me clarify this;

1. Pinheiro, I think JRT's icon is a good 1st step, except the font (that
could stay as it is or be changed to anything is Oxygen's default, e.g. like
in 'java' icon). Regarding <<"a," is a very bad way to do a mime >> :
just tell what is your experience or vision re the CSV mime type.

2. JRT, any requests I have put here are not about "give me an icon now" but
rather "there is missing icon A, or icon A is not too well discoverable for
users, let's have them in Oxygen". Regarding the font, please read 1.

HTH

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek