List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Request: CSV icons
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-05-05 23:26:46

Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>> pinheiro wrote:
>>> JRT that is not Oxygen sory we said we would do the icon.
>> Yes, the HiColor icon isn't Oxygen.
>>
>> I said that I would make HiColor icons.  I did not offer to make Oxygen
>> icons.
>
> Nice work! I guess the first icon would fit to the style;
> Random notes:
> - how about decreasing the font size to unhide the comma?
> - is there a common family for fonts defined, e.g. the same as one used in
> 'source-java'? If so we could use it for the csv icon, just for consistency.

I seem to have a political issue here. 'pinheiro' said that the Oxygen
group would do the icon.  I don't know why he takes that attitude, He
appears to think that I am encroaching on his territory. :-( but that is
what he said.

However, if you would like a set of HiColor icons, I would be happy to
make them for you.  You would have to install them as private icons for
KOffice since I am not allowed to install HiColor icons in KDE.

Actually, I made these to illustrate why I, and others, feel that the
upper right corner should be the one which is folded.  As is quite
apparent, there are valid reasons for this and it isn't just an
arbitrary choice.

Sorry to burden you with political considerations.  I'm not really very
happy about them either.

The type face used is Times New Roman PS which I think is a very common
font.  Note that with fonts, the outline isn't copyrighted, only the
name is copyrighted, so once it is converted to an outline, the
copyright no longer applies.

--
JRT