Hello, I've tried to find out some possible (not necessary new?) issues with mimetype icons: 1. following icons could be created in a similar way as 'source-java': - text-css - by including 'css' word - text-sgml - by including 'sgml' word - text-x-dtd - by including 'dtd' word 2. Using in 'text-xml' and 'xml' icons looks clever/innovative, but I believe staying with 'xml' text or at most, '' would help more users to recognize the icon and put it in their memory 3. text-x-csharp could made the same as source-csharp 3.1. text-x-adasrc could be created using 'ada' or 'Ada' text (yes, just 'ada', because IIRC, unfortunately Ada programming language have no one standard for header/source filename extensions). 4. Consider having lowercase letters (like in 'source-java') instead of uppercase for all 'source-....' icons; In particular (at first contact, and IMHO): "PY" in 'source-py' and "H" in 'source-h' icon looks exotic, compared to "py", and 'h', respectively. That said I suspect the capitalization comes from crystalsvg theme. 4.1. 'text-x-pascal' icon could be created as "pas" (reusing filename extension) instead of "P" 5. Optionally: application-vnd.sun.xml.calc.svg and application-vnd.sun.xml.calc.template.svg could be made the same as application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet.svg and application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template.svg, respectively or even dropped -- I think that having '' sign makes the icon too detailed so for downscaling unnecessary work would be needed without clear benefit. 6. I would welcome application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.database-template icon with enthusiasm as there will be some database template files in use in KDE4. By the way, thanks for the great improved database mimetype and Kexi app icons! 7. Spreadshets and presentations are also a part of OpenDocument so I guess the top-left "ODF" sign will be eventually present in application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet.svg and application-vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation.svg too? 8. Generic 'spreadsheet' icon could be used for 'application-x-gnumeric', 'pplication-x-quattropro', 'application-x-siag', and 'application-x-applix-spreadsheet' because now these latter icons differ in style from all other spreadsheet icons (without clear reason?). -- regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek Sponsored by OpenOffice Polska (http://www.openoffice.com.pl/en) to work on Kexi & KOffice: http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org KDE3 & KDE4 Libraries for MS Windows: http://kdelibs.com, http://www.kde.org ______________________________________________________________________________ kde-artists@kde.org | https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-artists