List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Request: CSV icons
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2007-05-02 19:51:49

Hello,
I did not stop by publishing database-related specs: there are a few
office-related types and icons that I found useful to review.
Let's start with icon for CSV format [1].

Current Oxygen 'text-csv' icon shows a piece of text.

About the problem:
CSV is more like tabular format, one of the more frequently used. Let's take a
look at from CSV icons from other OSes:

(a) http://kexi-project.org/pics/icons/csv_icon1.gif
(b) http://kexi-project.org/pics/icons/csv_icon2.gif

(a), (of course without the excel logo) is my favourite as this presents
"comma-separating", and such a metaphor is well scalable down to 16x16.
(b) is a quite obvious alternative.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek