List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] [ATTN: kdeartwork packager] Adding "Ion" to
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-04-26 15:01:30

(Re-post as Kenneth pointed out that there is no devel list for kdeartwork.)

I've started the porting effort of my "Ion" style to KDE4, for the
intent of including it in kdeartwork as a replacement for KDE3's "Phase"
style. (See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-artists&m=117632400319686 for
the original proposal.)

...and I've immediately run into snags. First, I'm not sure how to port
the config parts (the qt4 .ui is producing a class that doesn't take a
parent in the constructor, which breaks things, and I'm not sure what
the correct way to deal with it is...). Second, adapt-to-kde4-api seems
to only work (correctly?) on things that are in svn... or something.

So, in order to:
- have a safe copy in case porting causes something to go horribly wrong
- have a convenient way to ask for help
- allow others to assist in the porting
- have code in place prior to the coming milestone cutoffs

...would it be OK if I went ahead and committed the un-ported KDE3 code
(leaving the building of it disabled until it actually builds, of ourse)?

--
Matthew
"Request to turn back time / And rectify my wrongs..."