List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Extended color schemes in KDE 4
From:       "Niklas Beckmann" <niklas.beckmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-07 18:13:46

Hey everyone,

I posted a request for extended color schemes on bugs.kde.org today and
somebody told me it might be a good idea to address the issue here.

So basically what I have in mind is a extended type of color scheme that
offers a lot more options to independently change the colors of specific GUI
components such as grayed out window text, background and text color of the
menubar, background and text color of selected menubar items, background and
text color of the menu itself, background and text color of selected menu
items, and possibly more.

There also are some components which in my opinion do not necessarily
require seperate, independent options for their colors, but should at least
be colored according to other components. Just a few examples are the color
of the border of group boxes, the color of horizontal lines, and the
background and text color of combo boxes.

I think KDE 4.0 is a great opportunity to introduce these kinds of changes
which shouldn't be missed. I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Regards,

Niklas