List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Default chat avatar icon request for Bubbliki
From:       Daniel Dotsenko <dd () accentsolution ! com>
Date:       2006-11-26 19:27:41

On Sunday 26 November 2006 02:47, Stefan Monov wrote:
> On Sunday 26 November 2006 10:01, Daniel Dotsenko wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am re-working on a chat skin for Kopete - Bibbliki - and would
> > appreciate suggestions for default avatar icon. The one I am currently
> > using is the whinking face you can see in the screenshot here:
> > http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=48050
> >
> > I would like the alternative to achieve the following:
> > - convey "this is definitely not the actual avatar icon" idea (through
> > use of grays and low contrast for example.)
> > - it has to have unobtrusive, decorative qualities, since that icon is
> > all that shows up while using Kopete in IRC mode.
> >
> > Everything: finished works, drafts, verbal ideas are welcome.
>
> a light gray version of
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/artwork/Oxygen/theme/svg/actions/use
>r.svg?rev=546749&view=auto maybe place it in a circle, kinda like the
> attached file.
> the end result would then be similar to
> http://static2.last.fm/depth/nav1/users_black.gif
>
> hope this helps =)

It sure does. That users_black.gif from last.fm is a great approach. It
conveys both: "person"  and "information" and is newtral in character.

(It also reminds me of my stupid proposal for Kontact logo contest :) )
http://suslikart.blogspot.com/2005/09/kontact-logo-contest.html

I'll probaby work towards something like that..

Thx. Stefan