List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] [K3b-user] Wanted: New default K3b theme for 1.0
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?Tr=FCg?= <trueg () k3b ! org>
Date:       2006-08-20 17:22:25

On Sunday 20 August 2006 03:46, Danil Dotsenko wrote:
> Saturday 19 August 2006 18:32 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> > IAC, it is best for it to not look too different from other KDE apps.
> >
> > According to KDE guidelines, it would be best to loose the penguins
> > (they are OS specific).  Perhaps they could be replaced with Konqi (the
> > dragon).
>
> Yeah, and have all Gnome-based users of K3B being pissed off about KDE ppl
> pushing their stuff in their faces. I would drop the character
> all-together, but if anyone picks a char, I would prefer it to be on the
> merit of the char (cute, attractive, etc.) rather than just another attempt
> to push branding down ppl's throats.

I like the idea of a mascot and I never cared about it being a penguin. I just
thought the first one looked cute and that sat well with me.
If you come up with a new cute (or cool or whatever) mascot which is not a
penguin. Great. But if you choose a new version of the penguin... great, too.

Cheers,
Sebastian