List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Oxygen color palette - license
From:       "David Vignoni" <david.vignoni () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-07 0:08:37

Uhm the license refers to the pictures on the website, not the iconsand palettes that \
in fact are not released yet. But somewhere on thewebsite it says the icons will be \
lgpled.

On 6/6/06, Jarosław Staniek <js@iidea.pl> wrote:> Hello,>  From \
http://kde-artists.org/views/guidelines :>> "The Oxygen color palette is released \
under the Creative Commons> Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.">> IANAL, \
but does this mean people will not able to use the palette to create> commercial \
software with KDE4-compliant look?>> Also, "NoDerivs" clause means no less than "I \
cannot edit the palette, say in> KOffice styles fro my needs and distribute the \
style".>> Let's think about this issue before KDE4 ships. Maybe this license could \
be> better suited for the task:>> \
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/deed.en_GB>> --> regards / pozdrawiam,> \
Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska>> Sponsored by OpenOffice Polska to work on> * \
Kexi & KOffice: http://www.kexi-project.org | http://koffice.org/kexi> * KDE3 & KDE4 \
Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:>                    \
http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki> See also:> * Kexi For MS Windows: \
http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows> * Kexi Support:        \
http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html>> \