List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Oxygen color palette - license
From:       Jarosław_Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2006-06-06 21:15:45

Hello,
 From http://kde-artists.org/views/guidelines :

"The Oxygen color palette is released under the Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License."

IANAL, but does this mean people will not able to use the palette to create
commercial software with KDE4-compliant look?

Also, "NoDerivs" clause means no less than "I cannot edit the palette, say in
KOffice styles fro my needs and distribute the style".

Let's think about this issue before KDE4 ships. Maybe this license could be
better suited for the task:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.5/deed.en_GB

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska

* KDE3 & KDE4 Libraries For Developing MS Windows Applications:
                   http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki
See also:
* Kexi For MS Windows: http://kexi.pl/wiki/index.php/Kexi_for_MS_Windows
* Kexi Support:        http://www.kexi-project.org/support.html