List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] putting action where our mouth is
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-11-19 15:19:43

* Cristian Tibirna <tibirna@kde.org> [Nov 18. 2005 08:35]:

> Hello
>
> Is there a representative of the artists team on the kde-promo list, who paid
> attention to the latest /orientation/ discussions?

I am on the marketing work group list, so I have some indication of what
is going on in the promo group (a very poor idea, probably, but a small
one all the same).

I think that, given the proper information/planning/concpets I can help
you to reach your goals :-) We have already done a bit of work on the
official colors and such, what it is still missing would be the
graphical elements used to define the KDE branding. After that, making
this stuff should be pretty easy.

Let's discuss this in detail in a private mail.

Bye,
Ken

> I would like a rather strong hand of help for:
> - doing a generic "brochure" to be distributed at fairs, with translations in
> at least German, French and Spanish. Some sort of start point could be
>
> svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/promo/brochures
> svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/promo/brochures/us-linuxworld-expo-2005
>
> - a punching poster on the topic "KDE the framework"
> - an even more punching poster on "KDE the applications"
> - a moving poster (à la "Uncle Sam wants you") on the topic "KDE the
> community"
> - a sucking poster on "Help KDE with funding"
>
> The brochure needs to intrigue at first sight, so that people pick it up.
>
> The posters have to be considered carefully for high impact at small sizes. We
> don't have the money for 2x2m posters. Yet we don't want our public to squint
> in order to read the micro writing.
>
> The posters would also need translation. They should be the face of KDE as
> seen from afar while in shows.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> --
> Cristian Tibirna