List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] KDE/kdebase/pics/wallpapers
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-30 21:13:47

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 22:03, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> There was some discussion (but no consensus) about removal of some> graphics on the \
> kde-devel list, Subject: KDE Kleanup, but as far as I> can see that just referred \
> to tiles.>> However, my comment in that thread about>> "One thing to consider is \
> that some people may be using some of these> tiles for their desktop background. It \
> would be a shame to surprise> them by removing them, so maybe they can be moved to \
> a different module> (maybe even a new one) so they can still be distributed.">> is \
> still valid in the context of today's commits.>> So, within 8 minutes of the file \
> being removed, the change has already> annoyed one user (Lukáš). How many more \
> are going to be extremely> annoyed by this change?
Well, I think a cleanup is in order, but (a) it should be more comprehensive and (b) \
should be decided on the kde-artists list and (c) should probably only happen in \
trunk (i.e. 4.0) to avoid breaking current configurations. That said, all of the SVG \
wallpapers seem to have been added since 3.4 and I wouldn't mind a review of those \
from the artwork team.  Most of them honestly don't seem up to the quality of non-SVG \
wallpapers that we would allow in now and seem more like, "Hey, look, we can do \
SVG!!!"  (But just my opinion -- again, I'd prefer to leave this up to the artwork \
                team.)
-Scott
-- For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, \
for nature cannot be fooled. --Richard \