List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] default artwork for 3.5
From:       Janet Theobroma <theobroma () revelinux ! com>
Date:       2005-08-31 10:47:42

Janet,
> While it is true that a discussion took place regarding artwork for 3.5,

It's all there Danny I left nothing out. A lot of what you are talking about
here were admittedly your opinions....
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:23:48] <lando> dannya: you keep on making comments like
you are the primary decision maker
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:23:54] <dannya> no, I don't
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:24:01] <dannya> yes, my opinion
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:36:28] <dannya> I also don't want bad feelings about
this: but, I need to make clear the urgency of our position, and the likely
failure of your original plan.
Were still on track so far.
>several important, show-stopping objections (regarding the scale of the
> effort, timescale, and even whether the changes were even neccessary)
were your opinions that you would aggressively interject as I was trying to
have a find a solution with <physos> and the time line.
> were simply glossed over.
The key purpose in the second irc meeting was to discuss the physos issue with
the way that the artwork always came in too late for a proper features guide
to be compiled on time. [Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:34:09] <physos> theobroma:
Thing is, it would be perfect (perfect!) to have it at the 1st or 2nd of
Sept.
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:28:40] <theobroma> coolo: when is the latest we can
submit a new default wallpaper, splash, and about pages?
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:31:02] <coolo> theobroma: akademy
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:31:20] <coolo> and yes, I favor a new splash screen for
3.5 :)

This is my favorite section of the chat.
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:21:34] <dannya> hon: certain people will always complain
about any change
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:21:48] <dannya> once you have weathered the complaints,
you are free
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:21:49] <hon> yes I know :D
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:22:40] <dannya> theobroma: I don't agree with these
colours: http://img324.imageshack.us/my.php?image=about5zh.png anyway
It was also to discuss that artwork should be considered a feature and be
prone to the feature freeze. As for your input in terms of what was decided

It was also to discuss that artwork should be considered a feature and be
prone to the feature freeze.
These are the facts I have left nothing out. I have nothing to hide this has
all been done out in the open.

 I fail to see your point here how can we disregard that which is generally
kept to? This makes no sense.
> In the later IRC session, we had a lengthy debate, in which we thought we
> had come to an agreement as to the sane course of action. However, the new
> wallpapers which you have presented via. the polls, whilst technically
> good, still disregard what we agreed upon (that the wave should not change
> substantially - which was generally kept to -

You need to visit this link once again http://kde-artists.org/files/wave/ As
you can see the proposed default background matches the default background in
3.4. So again I fail to see your point.
> but more importantly that the
> colours should stay with the 3.4 palette - which seems to have gone out the
> window!)
As for the the mention of the 3.4 color pallette there was this..
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:18:59] <kwwii> yes, in general, but I liked the very
first version which were very light blue
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:19:07] <dannya> kwwii: 3.4 beta?
[Sat Aug 20 2005] [13:19:14] <theobroma> it is using the same color palette
btw
> So, that is why Ken, myself, and maybe others are annoyed at the current
> state.
I still fail to see valid facts presented to support you claims. We met all
requirements you said so earlier in this reply.
>When the agreed course of action, discussed at length is broken,
> there does not seem to be any other way to protest.
Judge and jury are we?
You need to recheck your facts before making such declarations.
While you seem to like to act and make demands as if you are the default
artwork maintainer. I have never heard of anyone actually giving you the
task. As I remember you just started taking liberties and stepping on toes.
Again this is just based on facts.