List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Etched Glass kicker/menu style
From:       "Vlad C." <vladc6 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-07-25 1:07:30

--- James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> wrote:
> Vlad C. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I’ve created a mockup panel and menu style called
> > Etched Glass, which contains some eyecandy as well
> as
> > usability features. I’ve posted the GIMP .xcf
> source
> > files if someone would like to modify the mockup
> > screenshots.
>
> The shadows are wrong.  The light source is supposed
> to be _upper_ left.

Thanks for your comments! You're right, the shadows
are upside down. The reason I made them that way was
to emphasize the outline of the menu tabs. I will redo
the mockups with the correct shadow orientation.

> You are going to need more main menu divisions.
> Where would I put QCAD
> and GRAMPS?

The mockups showed only the minimum menus that an
average desktop might contain. Adding main menu
divisions for Programming, Games, Graphics and
Scientific would in my mind encompass all other
applications. When I redo the mockups I'll add menus
for Games and Graphics, but I think the Programming
and Scientific categories are too specialized to be
included by default in a general-use installation.

Vlad