List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Crystal Clear release!
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-24 8:42:02

El Jueves 23 Junio 2005 23:24, Luke-Jr escribió:

... a lot of points, which I can see, to an extent.

> > Not in my opinion.
>
> Your opinion isn't law ;)

Of course. It's my interpretation of the agreement, which may be (and
probably is) wrong. So an agreement better suited to the media would be
welcome, in my view.

But regardless, can we make a list of things that need to be addressed?
I'll try to summarize my point of view one last time here, then I'll sut up
on this:

- The LGPL is not really a suitable license, neither for the author nor for
KDE.

- KDE needs SVG files, not generically "sources". We don't really need
graphics file in propietary format, but something that can be processed by
free tools, if possible.

- KDE can and should ask for new icons to be provided in SVG format,
exclusively or in addition to pixmap formats. So we have a lever to
encourage the production of SVG files in any case, as long as authors are
willing to collaborate with KDE.

I hope I did not just bring up the noise level in the list, but that a
clarification on licensing can finally be reached.

Thanks to everybody,
Luciano