List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Crystal Clear release!
From:       Luke-Jr <luke-jr () utopios ! org>
Date:       2005-06-23 15:46:09

On Thursday 23 June 2005 15:31, Jan-Victor Krille wrote:
> so if i make a wallpaper with a digicam foto and i did the foto with my
> kodak camera that saves the pictures in a kodak format on the flashdist
> i have to make this data free because there are more picturinformation
> in it.

Not necessarily. If you prefer to edit the kodak-format-image, then yes. If
you prefer to edit the image after converted to JPEG, then the JPEG would be
part of the source.

> and just the simple png image does not count as source?

If you prefer to edit it as a PNG, then the PNG...

> if i ake the wallpaper lgpl.

If you want to give people the ability to redistribute the wallpaper without
the source materials, don't use the LGPL.

> maybe a bit stupid but hope you understand my point.

Your point is that you would probably prefer a different license.

> i would say for a pixel iconset the sources are pixel images and no
> vector images how the artist makes the pixel images is his work... and
> if he will do a svg icon set the svg files are the source.

"I would say for a binary program, the sources are binary code and not text
code. How the programmer makes the binary code is his work... and if he will
do a text (interpreted) program, the text data is the source."
--
Luke-Jr
Developer, Utopios