List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Crystal Clear release!
From:       Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro () consulenti ! fastweb ! it>
Date:       2005-06-23 8:37:49

El Miércoles 22 Junio 2005 23:01, Jonathan Riddell escribió:

> Are there Adobe Illustrator or native photoshop files for them?  LGPL
> means the sources need to be included.

Are we again arguing about this?

The author can decide what constitutes a source file.
Saying an icon is LGPL IMHO means, roughly:
- You cannot embed the icons directly in your program, unless it is LGPL
  too,
- You cannot change them and distribute them, unless you licence them the
  same way,
- You have to state somewhere the status of the used icons.

So, there is no need for Everaldo to release anything he does not care to
share, and there is no problem at all with the licensing.

For an end user, these are reasonable terms.

From the KDE project point of view, things are a bit different, in that
templates and vector files are quite valuable if others have to help with
new icons - or mantain the icon set if the original author finds new
interests.

But this is not a licensing issue at all.

I don't know if Everaldo wants the icons to be included as a theme in the
KDE distribution, or if he wants simply to share his work as is. Only in
the former case, the KDE project may put out conditions for the inclusion
of the icon set in the distribution.

Please let's not confuse different issues.

Luciano Montanaro