List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Render svg to 256 colors png
From:       Matías_Costa <mcc3 () alu ! um ! es>
Date:       2005-05-11 9:34:07

I am working (well, very slow) on the wasp icon theme. I have a script to
render the svg to png using inkscape based in svg2png4kde, but it renders to
24 bits png. This results in a noticeable app slowdown.

I have tested to convert it with convert it with 'convert x.png -colors 256
x2.png' but with poor results. See:

http://webs.ono.com/uucp/convert-result/pdf-24.png
http://webs.ono.com/uucp/convert-result/pdf-8.png

Any tip? the perfect solution should be scriptable (that word exists?). Thanks