List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Recent crystalsvg  and some older changes
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-03-31 17:53:13

* Everaldo <everaldo@everaldo.com> [Mar 31. 2005 19:18]:

> > We don't overwrite Crystal! KDE is using the CrystalSVG theme which is
> > different from to original Crystal theme from Everaldo.
> > Crystal is incomplete and didn't contain the SVG files of the icons. We asked
> > Everaldo several times for the SVGs and never get the files.
>
> Kenneth Wimer from suse, have avaliable and disponible my all vectorial
> graphics.
> I did some icons only in png.

Well, that is true to some extent. I have *some* of the AI files (which we
exported to SVG) but these do not all "work" in linux and many of them
are not the newest version which is included as png. All of the AI files
that I do have were posted on ftp.suse.com/pub/wimer/

No matter what, we need the icons as SVG. AI is not a good format for
us. PNG is the format that we use internally to show the icons. SVG is
what we need and we will not include any other new icon sets without
having a full svg set.

> > That's the reason why I and other worked for the last two years on fixing most
> > of the problems in the CrystalSVG theme. I think I fixed over 200 icons in
> > all KDE modules. I never got any icons or help from Everaldo.
>
> Is it true? Wath icons are you using to do your fixes?
> If you need you can contact at everaldo@evrealdo.com and I will help you.
> Its no problem.

I wonder if you realize how many icons Frank is talking about? I am
unsure as to whether you will find the time to do this by yourself. Nor
will you find that the community likes to support one person who thinks
that they can control an entire project like an icon theme if they are
not ready to work with others or do it all themselves (and in the way
that the community wants).

One more thing: although I am sure that the crystal2 set (or whatever
name it will be released under) is very nice, as is your other work, but
nobody can promise you at this time that without having seen the set
whether or not it can and will be included in KDE.

Bye,
Ken

--
SUSE LINUX - a Novell business