List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Re: New kde.org Design
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2005-02-24 4:27:27

Am Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2005 03:09 schrieb Navindra Umanee:
> Jason Bainbridge <jbainbridge@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah the new logo isn't really web friendly especially with the
> > current color scheme, I think we need to experiment with like yellow &
> > orange for the menu headers and the shading behind the menu's to add a
> > splash of colour to the default colour scheme.
> > There is just too much blue everywhere now. :)
> It's not just the website.  Did you see the screenshot of Konqueror --
> not all blue yet, almost, but take a look at the right K button.

This is mostly due to the fact that we are in the transition of switching to a
new color scheme. The following page shows the "KDE World Color
Palette" (which is still not 100% done - especially wrt colors other than
blueish colors).

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Colors

These colors are the only _plain_ colors that you may use for KDE on websites,
screen design and printed matters in general.

These colors don't define our _corporate_ design yet, though. For defining our
_corporate_ design we need to choose a smaller set of base colors and accent
colors from the KDE World Color Palette. One of those colors would have to be
Pantone 300C of course. Other likely colors might include the yellow, orange
and green from the KDE World Color Palette of course ... but those are not
fixed yet.

So please be creative and come up with a few design proposals that are based
on the current state of the new KDE CIG (it's far away from done):

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+CIG

And if you think that there are _specific_ things that need to be changed or
taken care of (like web friendliness etc.) then please contact me or come up
with it on this list.

Greetings,
Torsten Rahn

KDE Artist Team