List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: KDE logo
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2005-02-17 15:02:31

* David Vignoni <david@icon-king.com> [Feb 17. 2005 10:09]:
> Robert Wadley wrote:
> >Here are some that I have been playing around with, used the same
> >colors, the gear is more "strait" but softened a little. The general
> >look is quite similar.
> >
> >Rob
>
> Second one for me is better, I would remove the inside half-circle.
> I see you used the pantone 300c color as background, but in my opinion,
> once there will be an official color palette there is no reason to not
> use gradients inside the "crystal" version of the logo to make it look
> better.
> I think using the 300c blue as background color is useful only for the
> PLAIN logo.

I agree. The colors that we define are not to be used *only* as solid
colors. In order to draw icons one starts with the defined colors and
creates gradients based on these which fits. The general feel of the
color should not be lost or changed in doing this though.

Bye,
Ken

--
SUSE LINUX - a Novell business