List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Flash Cards Icons for Crystal
From:       Kévin_Ottens <ervin () ipsquad ! net>
Date:       2005-01-08 19:21:40

Le Samedi 8 Janvier 2005 19:37, Jonathan Riddell a écrit :
> Ervin any opinion on which flash card icons we should add?  Just one
> generic one or for all the different types?

Currently, media:/ treat flash cards as any other removable media. Maybe this
assertion is false if you use the HAL backend (I know HAL makes a difference
but maybe the backend doesn't make such a difference).

The HAL backend can be improved in the future to take care of this.
I tend to think that the icon should be the most accurate possible so I'd
prefer have one icon per flash card type.

But don't expect them to be used in KDE 3.4.0, I doubt we'll have the support
for this (in particular because I'm not the author of the HAL backend)...
Maybe the HAL backend maintainer will improve this for 3.4.1

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."