List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Crystal Icons License
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2005-01-04 13:10:42

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:03:08PM -0800, Don Nell wrote:

> My application will be distributed as a single
> executable file with a few unchanged icons embedded as
>  bitmap resources.
>
> Do I have to distribute my application with source
> code?

If the icons are part of the executable file the whole programme
should come under the LGPL (or GPL) licence (which includes supplying
source code).  You could also ask the copyright holder of each icon
for permission to use it embedded in proprietry software, see the CVS
commit logs (via webcvs.kde.org) for who that is on each icon.

> Can I simply provide a link in my program so that my
> customers can download the icon set from Everaldo.com
> themselves?

Providing a link is not sufficient and not all the icons come from
everaldo.com.

> If I load the icons at run-time from a separate
> folder, does that change things.

Yes, in that case you may use the icons with proprietry software
without asking for further permission.

Jonathan Riddell