List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: Rules for Crystal SVG icons (for OOo 2.0)
From:       Jan Holesovsky <kendy () suse ! cz>
Date:       2004-12-07 13:39:23

Hi all,

We badly need some new icons for OpenOffice.org 2.0 with KDE integration (as I
already mentioned in the 1.1.3-kde announcement,
http://dot.kde.org/1101482981/).

There are people who volunteered to help (but some of them already gave up). I
still hope that more people will join, so we need common rules for the icons.
I found

  http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=Icon+Guide

but they are too general from my point of view. I think we need rules for

- recommended color space
- recommended way of composing icons (think of "filter", then "add filter",
"delete filter", "modify filter"; then "table" with "add table", "delete
table", etc. The "add", "delete", "modify" shape, position, and size should
be consistant.)

I believe that rules like that must exist somewhere. Do you have a pointer to
such a document, please?

Thank you in advance,
Jan

PS: If you want to help designing the OOo 2.0 KDE/Crystal icons, please
contact me privately, I'll provide you an OOo build and its icons converted
to SVG.