List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: Request for feature removal: "Double-sized pixels" in
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-29 16:29:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I would like to remove the "Double-sized pixels" feature from the icon
configuration. I think the design of this feature is broken. The correct way
IMHO would be that the user just specifies the desired (large) icon size and
then the icon loader should do whatever is needed to come up with icons of
that size. (Which it seems to do just fine already)

See also BR86257 as an example of code that asks for a specific icon size and
then gets an icon that's way bigger due to "double-sized pixels". There are
more places in KDE where this causes similar problems.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download