List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: Re: Monochrome Icons
From:       Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-28 23:33:41

[Danny Allen, Sonntag, 28. November 2004 20:51]
> I think it shows promise :)

Indeed. This icon theme is beautiful, and the icons are easy to
understand.

I saw that there is text in some icons ("source", "hi...", "metafont").
This causes problems when translating KDE. The file endings like cpp are
a special case, because they are the same in all languages, but
application names like "kget" might also be translated. The name "ASCII"
is the same in most languages, but I would still recommend to use a
symbol instead because most people don't know what it means, whereas
everyone would understand a picture of a text file.

I was really impressed by the number of icons you have made. I found only
very few coloured icons after applying your theme. And the icons you have
made for KDE Accessibility applications are actually far more beautiful
than our original ones...

Olaf