List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: Artwork
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-11-24 13:42:06

Hi Janet,

My project would need some artwork.
The project name is Kard http://edu.kde.org/kard/ and it's a Memory(TM)-like
game for young children.
Screenshots are available here: http://edu.kde.org/kard/screenshots.php
Author/Maintainer: Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr>

The game displays pairs of pictures in a grid, ranging from 4 (2 pairs)
pictures to 24 (6 x 4) (12 pairs). The child clicks on 2 pictures and if they
form a pair, the pictures disappear. The aim of the game is to remember the
position of each picture in order to make the pairs in the less clicks
possible.
The pictures are scaled by the game and resize whenever the user resizes the
window or whenever the ser change the number of pictures.

I would need
- 1 (or more) set(s) of 12 pictures featuring a theme. I have in mind a music
instrument theme that I could match later with the sound of the instrument.
That would allow blind kids to play. So that theme would be 12 different
common music instruments. Other themes could feature flowers, toys, clothes,
fruits, vegetables, ... anything that appeals to a kid aged 2 to 10.

Currently I have a geometrical theme and a 'house-related-furniture' theme.
The pictures I have at the moment are 256x256 pixels and seem OK. However I
did not test the game on a high resolution monitor. svg format would probably
be the best but might be too difficult for the artists. Normal png will do in
any case!

- I would also need a svg icon for that game. One idea was an icon with a ?.
But the artist has the entire freedom to realize anything he wants.

After this game has an icon and 1 or more themes, it'll move in a kde module
(either kdegames as kid game or kdeeextragear).

I will be happy to answer any question and will gratefully accept any
contribution. Thanks in advance,

Anne-Marie