List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Fwd: Artwork : KDM User Pictures
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-11-06 11:59:26

* Hermann Thomas <h.thomas@gmx.de> [Nov 06. 2004 11:04]:
> > While picking them we should also be looking to create a consistent set
> > (for those in kdepasswd)
>
> Picking some from all useroic avalible will not crate a consistent set(because
> of the reasons I state below).
>
> > There is only one set. The other icons in KDM itself are a different
> > matter. They are crystal style.
>
> You diden't quite understood me.

Yes I did :-)

> What I mean is that in kdepasswd there are 22 vector based userpics
> from Hans Karlsson. And there are 5 Pixelbased Usericon I made. That
> is what I mean with "Sets". If we now add some more from Adrien
> Facélina (the start for this tread) there would be 3 kinds of Userpics
> in kdepasswd. If you look at the ones from Adrien Facélina there are
> also 12 Abstract one's in it as well making 4 sets actualy.  Anyway I
> think the point is that these Usericons shouldent be mixed up beacause
> the Vectorbased ones from Hans don't fit to the Pixelbased set I and
> Adrien made. The Set from Adrien doesent fit with may set because he
> uses a little dropshadow around his userpics.  In my opinion there
> should be on style of Userpics wich uses the same semantics AND more
> important the same syntax(e.g. dropshadow with the set from Adrien and
> Vectorbased vs. Pixelbased).

They should all have vector versions available, but yes, they should all
follow the same "rules".

> > I see no reason not ot include some of the better pics in the kdepasswd
> > package.
>
> I see a reason because they don't fit together.

Of coure I was suggesting removing many of the pics that are included
now.

> So why is it so hard to choose one set and move the others to somewhrer else.
> If there is a better set of userpics in the future there is still the
> opertunety to change them with a new major release of KDE.

I think that KDE only needs to include one set of these kind of icons.
Extra stuff should be kept extra. And we do have to change somethings in
between major versions or ntohing wouls get done.

> If you still wan't my opinion on wich ones to choose, I would take my set wich
> issen't complete in CVS anymore. But I guess the majorety in this list
> prefers the vector based from Hans. The newer ones from Adrien are also very
> nice with there little dropshadow as long as they are by themself.

I think that working together towards the best solution would be a good
idea. Don't take all this so personaly, it is not a popularity contest.
There has been a fair amount of critic on some of the graphics in the
current package so I do not think it would hurt to work on this stuff
some more. That was my point.

Bye,
Kenneth

--