List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: KDE default icon theme
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-10-28 19:32:27

On Thursday 28 October 2004 19:25, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> * Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com> [Oct 28. 2004 20:48]:
> > On Thursday 28 October 2004 18:46, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> > > * Wade Olson <wadejolson@yahoo.com> [Oct 28. 2004 20:34]:

> > > Very well put. I agree 100%. Perhaps we should write up a checklist of
> > > items that need to be satisfied before we will even consider including
> > > a theme in KDE? The second part of that would be the extra things that
> > > are necessary to become "default".
> > >
> > > All of this stuff should be going on the artists web page. I think that
> > > we should make this a priority.
> >
> > Isn't it best suited for the AIG/CIG?
>
> Yes, actually it would be. Since I am the one making this, perhaps
> someone would like to offer some help defining this?
>
> Making the CIG has proven a very complicated issue. It is kinda like
> writing a constitution for a new government...Four score and seven years
> ago our artists brought forth on this desktop a new icon theme,
> concieved in consistency, completeness and maintainability...(an adopted
> version of the Gettysburg Address)
>
> It is very hard to write a set of guidelines for something that you do
> not have control over :-) Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps I
> should start posting updates? Anyone interested in helping?

I personally can't right now, I'm busy with other guidelines related stuff(and
other KDE hacking).

> Serious
> help, I mean, not "anyone interested in just bitching about details?

Yes, going from the "we need to do something" to actual doing something would
be great :) Getting concrete work/patches floating would probably be a good
idea. There's many ambitious people on the list, so why not. I think the
Guidelines is the path out from the confusion, and the right place to put
stuff like this, so it surely is important.

Cheers,

		Frans