List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: KDE default icon theme
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-10-28 18:46:01

* Wade Olson <wadejolson@yahoo.com> [Oct 28. 2004 20:34]:
> Recommendation:
> As 50 people could easily be found to support one stance or the other, any major icons shift
> should be based from guidelines such as:
>
> * licensing
> * consistency
> * completeness
> * maintainability
> * future plans
> * random sampling user polls if necessary
>
> Full icon sets are massive efforts and artists take a lot of pride in being the default for a
> desktop environment (and are fortunately a little bit less catty that models clamoring to be on a
> magizine cover, although none less prestigious!)
>
> So if this topic is pursued, let's attempt to avoid an internal popularity contest.

Very well put. I agree 100%. Perhaps we should write up a checklist of
items that need to be satisfied before we will even consider including a
theme in KDE? The second part of that would be the extra things that are
necessary to become "default".

All of this stuff should be going on the artists web page. I think that
we should make this a priority.

Bye,
Kenneth

--