List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Re: new_svg_icon_engine: kdelibs/kdecore
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-10-25 21:48:07

* Frans Englich <frans.englich@telia.com> [Oct 25. 2004 23:21]:
> On Monday 25 October 2004 19:28, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > CVS commit by wildfox:
> >
> > (Again :) Welcome the new icon engine, this time in the right branch...
> >

> Hello Nikolas,
>
> This surely sounds interesting. I think the artists would be interested in
> knowing what's this is.
>
> BTW, is the icon theme cache something you have in mind to implement? :)))
>
> http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xdg/2004-October/005140.html

We had a long discussion at the aKademy about all of this and although
we didn't think of the cache in this form I think it should be easy to
generate, one way or another (compile time, or post script).

At the present time this is somewhat hard to build and still in pre-beta
phase. I think that waiting until the software is mature enough to
withstand a decent bug-reporting process would be a better idea.

If you release this on the people now, it will only cause a major thread
of "it doesn't work for me" which eats time and patience.

I am sure that we can give those who are technically skilled enough
and/or interested in how to build it the basic information but you have
to understand that when things don't work there is not necessarily
someone waiting with an answer.

Bye,
Kenneth
--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany