List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Re: kde-artists Digest, Vol 19, Issue 25
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-10-24 21:07:40

* Revelinux <mail@revelinux.com> [Oct 24. 2004 22:42]:
> >Kenneth wrote...
> > Until now the biggest problem has been finding artists that are willing
> > to work together :-( Due to my work load at SUSE, not to mention other
> > open source projects, it would be 3000% impossible for me to do
> > everything. I worked directly with Torsten Rahn and Everaldo (I guess I
> > was somehow his manager for SUSE) and I can say this now...two artists
> > is not enough to completely satisfy the needs of KDE.
>
> > > I would be happy to help too (perhaps with the Crystal standards?).
> >
> > Any constructive help is more than welcome. Let me (us) know what
> > you are good at and how you think that could help the most and I am sure
> > that we can work something out. It seems that the biggest thing tha we
> > need to do at this point is to define a crystal style guide and a
> > crystal icon how-to (which I have already started). The crystal style guide
> > might be a good place for colors and definite rules concerning paths,
> > gradients, highlights, etc.
>
> I would like to start working on the Crystal color palette. Is there one
> floating around? Or would you suggest another starting point?

I guess the best place to start would be the svg files themselves,
although perhaps the AI files on my ftp site would be easier to sort
through since they have a better color palatte window? To be honest I
have worked with all of these files and you will find that there are a
variety of colors used for a certain tone (there are several blues for
instance, with different grades of lightness for all of them). This is a
mistake that should be fixed. Defining the correct values for these
would help the effort to replace the incorrect ones and promote using
the correct one in the future.

This will probably be somehwat complicated, don't hesitate to send me an
email when you need mroe information.

> (BTW this might be slow going for a while. I have a big project I am finishing
> up this month.)

Hey...that is my line!

No problem...we all know how that is. We slowly work towards something
better. If we do this in large enough numbers we can go a long way :-)

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany