List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: licence for opensource art
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2004-10-20 16:29:01

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 07:36:49PM +0300, basse wrote:

> I don't much know about these licences, but here is what Blender people
> suggest for artists..
>
> BLENDER OPEN CONTENT LICENSE
>
> http://download.blender.org/documentation/NaN_docs/license.txt

First sentence:

 You may copy and distribute exact replicas of the OpenContent (OC) as
 you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and
 appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice
 and disclaimer of warranty

Which I would take to read means for any images under this license you
have to put a copyright and warranty on them when you use them.  Not
very stuiable for icons or anything else really.

Jonathan Riddell