List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: High Resolution Screens
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-10-08 23:47:04

* Jonathan Riddell <jr@jriddell.org> [Oct 09. 2004 01:32]:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 07:08:37AM -0400, Sigmascape1@cs.com wrote:
>
> > Where could I find some high resolution screens of the latest
> > versions of KDE? The screens I find on various sites are generally
> > excellent, but are not designed to be printed out. I am putting
> > together some literature, and I want to include some KDE
> > imagery. Ideally, the images would be 300PPI or greater.
>
> I don't think such a thing exists, screen shots can only be the
> resolution of your monitor at best anyway.

At SUSE we take screenshots at the highest availbable resolution for all
clients working on the project and the scale them down to 150dpi for
printing (as well as converting them to grayscale eps). this cerates a
smaller pic which still shows what needs to be shown at a decent size.

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany