List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: KDE + Konqi 3d ad progress report
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-09-21 10:02:05

* basse <bastian.salmela@hel.fi> [Sep 21. 2004 10:25]:

> ok, had some time again to work with it.
> nothing rendered out now, because basicly it's the same you saw last time,
> but now little things fixed, like walking, running, jumping.. things like
> that.
>
> also, I got in contact with Artemio, he is doing sound.
>
> questions:
>
> 1) in what format I should render out the final movie?
>
> - PAL, 720x576 ?
> - NTSC, 720x480 ?
> - interlaced, non interlaced?
> - avi (divx / xvid) ?
> - mpeg1 / mpeg2 / dvd ?

I would suggest releasing singular pics that can then be made into a
video format. A jpeg progression would probably be the best.

> this all depends on where you are located, on what kind of system you want
> to play it in etc.  also, ofcours, after rendering the bigger one, I can
> do smaller "portable" ones suitable more for downloading and viewing on
> computers etc..

Yes, and we could include different formats for different purposees.

> 2) making this I had some more ideas.. which are kind of variations of the
> theme. same thing mostly what there is now, but everytime konqi comes in
> room, the surprise element is different. getting wackier and wackier..
> what do you think, waste of time, or would there be need?

I think that you could work forever on this and never be finished :-)

> 3) when it's done... any objections if I show it around too? I know some
> blender people would like to see it.. and it would work as a little KDE
> advertisement too.. :)

YES! Please show it to as many people as possible :-)

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany