List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: hi.. about KDE related graphics..
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2004-09-15 13:52:02

Hi Chris,

Your submission to kde-look certainly had a very strong influence on the
choice of the new logo in 2D -- actually you could call it a further improved
rip-off of your design (which in turn was based on my work) ;-) That's the
beauty of OpenSource ...

Basically I redid the original lineart KDE-Logo (which was some quick and
dirty work some years ago)  and added some curves here and there to make it
look less "static". As your idea  with the rounded box improved the look of
the kde-logo quite a lot (especially on plain white backgrounds) we decided
to apply this "rounded box" on our businesscards and marketing material as
well :-)

Greetings,
Torsten