List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Digital Camera Icon
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-09-12 22:39:19

* Hermann Thomas <h.thomas@gmx.de> [Sep 12. 2004 14:53]:
> HI
> On my Suse 9.1 there is this Digital Camcorder Icon used as a device in
> Digikam and Konqueror for Digital Cameras. So I made this Device Icon for
> Digital Cameras. There is also an nice Digital Camera Icon wich is flat and I
> took that as a model. This is my first Crystal Icon I ever made and this is
> just a practise try but I guess it came out quite nice.
> I made 2 Versions. one with a handel thing on the left and one without.

Very nice :-)

I have a few suggestions concering the format and design, some of which
should be written down somewhere *note to self*.

You should use at least a 128x128 or smaller page size. most important
is that it is square and that the graphic is at the intended rendered
size and placement on the page.

The light source, per default, comes for the top left. I realize that a
few icons might break this rule, but they should be tied to a stake and
burned alive, damn their souls.

Most icons will be shown at smaller sizes at some point in time, so
think about that. Either make a simplified version which looks good at
small sizes (suggestions include increasing contrast, reducing details,
often you have to redraw them per hand with a pixel program which is a
science that Torsten could explain better than I can)

Those are the first things that I noticed after looking at them for two
minutes. I haven't checked that you close your paths correctly, etc, ad
nauseum but I assume that these are minor issues that are easily
fixable, shsould they occur.

Keep up the good work ;-)

Bye,
Kenneth
--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany