List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: Re: kdeextragear-1/amarok/src/images
From:       Dan Jensen <admin () leinir ! dk>
Date:       2004-08-19 14:22:26

I originally wrote this for Frans, hence the wording ;)

Onsdag 18 august 2004 16:31 skrev Frans Englich:
> On Tuesday 17 August 2004 15:41, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> > CVS commit by leinir:
> >
> > Actually add the playlist icon files ;)
> >

> >   A            cr16-action-player_playlist.png   1.1
> >   A            cr22-action-player_playlist.png   1.1
> >   A            cr32-action-player_playlist.png   1.1
> >   A            cr48-action-player_playlist.png   1.1
>
> When thinking about it.. Why wasn't the one noatun have used?
>
> kdemultimedia/noatun/pics
>
> It could be moved to kdelibs and backported(either icon). In case amarok
> cannot depend on KDE 3.3, it could house a private copy.
>
> Usability wise, one icon per usage should be used regardless of
> application. Hence skip one of the icons, going for Noatun's is probably
> good for consistency reasons.

  The reason for naming the icon like that was, as you noticed, that if there
is an even remote posibility that an icon could be used by another program,
it should have a generic name. You may rightly feel that this is a pet peevee
of mine ;)
  You also mention wether amaroK should preserve backwards compatability with
pre 3.3, and this is the case, yes, so whatever happens, we'll need to house
a private copy of the icon :)
  And yes, since Noatun has an icon, I shall put it accross to the developers
that it might be an idea to copy the noatun icon, but name it in the way we
did before.
  Thanks :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..