List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: BasKet icon request
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-08-12 19:14:14

Sébastien Laoût wrote:

> I've tryed to create one with inkscape and even with Gimp but I'm
> decidly not an artist and suspect that have a graphic tablet would help
> a lot, compared to a mouse. But I haven't one.

The lack of a graphic tablet shouldn't be a problem.  The problem is that
applications are not properly designed.  Only XFig allows you to digitally
control what you are drawing.  Why is it that no one seems to understand that a
computer drawing application should make use of the fact that it is a computer
drawing application.  I suggested this to the author of Krita and he has no idea
what I am talking about.

So, the only way to draw remains to use XFig, export as EPS and import into The
GIMP.  Complete integration of XFig features into The GIMP would be very helpful.

--
JRT