List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: my artwork wish list ...
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-27 11:34:37

heya,

first some missing icons. of course crystalsvgs need to be done, but i
_really_ like to see hicolor ones as well.
- kdm and user&password manager have the same icon. i think kdm should
  get a new one with a login dialog notion.
- the session manager kcm needs an icon (that should have a log out
  notion, i think).
- the "start new session" kmenu action recycles the launch feedback icon,
  which obviously should change as well.
(- and i see that "resources configuration" and "service manager" have
  no icons as well, but that's not my part :)

apart from that, we still need some "concrete" artwork for kdm:
- user icons, particularily one for root. ken made a neato crystalsvg
  one for regular users, but had no good idea for root. size ~64².
- a generic kdm logo, size ~250-300²
- session type logos, same size as the kdm logo. the images should
  somehow resemble the official logo of each environment/window manager,
  but otoh, there should be some uniformity between them. these images
  will (optionally) replace the kdm logo when a session type is choosen.
  the images will hopefully "diffuse" into gdm as well; we have not
  defined a standard for that aspect of session type definitions, but
  that's a minor.