List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: KDE 3.3 splash screen
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2004-07-21 6:42:23

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 01:08, Sashmit Bhaduri wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 19:50:19 +0100, chris / os11.com <chris@os11.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this is possibly as far as this particular splash screen will
> > go:
> >
> > Have a look: http://www.os11.com/splash5.asp
>
> Extremely nice, but I think that the light source is *too* bright, to
> a point where it becomes distracting. Thus, I think splash4 or even
> splash3 is better in that regard.

splash3 is still my favourite since the colors have more contrast. splash4 is
missing a real dark black. The "K"-color in splash3 is more solid and makes
it look some kind of "strong" or "stable" while in splash4 it is
black-to-gray-shaded which makes the K look some kind of weak.

There is one thing that looks disturbing in all 5 versions: there are two
light one-pixel lines spanning across the top and the left border of the
picture and cross each other at the top-left, is this by design?

bye,
Thomas

--
Just because the message may never be received does not mean it is
not worth sending.