List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: KDE 3.3 splash screen
From:       Jonathan Riddell <jr () jriddell ! org>
Date:       2004-07-20 10:01:17

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 11:36:40AM +0200, Marco Martin wrote:
> Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >Now that the betas are tagged the final splash screen should be
> >sorted out.
> >
> >Currently my favourite is this one from kde-look:
> >
> >http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/kde33/sparkling-kde33.png
> I like the gear, it's a good variation, but maybe the background is too
> flat and the font used in "kde3.3" is not very good?

I did the font for the text, all improvements welcome :)

> >We also had this one sent to us:
> >
> >http://muse.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/kde33/kde33-3.JPG
> >
> >Any preferences?
>
> hmm, i think the kde3.2 splash screen is better.

It has already been used for two KDE releases.

> btw, the first it's not bad.

That's what I thought.

I also had this one sent to me which I'm unsure about.

http://frieda.beefour.com/stuff/dev-001-lossless.png
http://frieda.beefour.com/stuff/dev-002-lossless.png

Jonathan Riddell