List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: a veeery brutal shell script
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-04-23 9:50:08

On Miércoles 21 Abril 2004 13:29, Marco Martin wrote:
> I know, parsing xml with sed is a very insane idea, but the problem of
> some crystal svgs is almost simple.
> the script chenges all the gradients to black into gradients to white
> with opacity 0, this fixes all the icons with a wrong gradient white to
> black. Unfortunately this destroys the icons where a gradient to black
> was the desidered thing :-(
> It also it removes all the <a:midPointStop> tags that seems not handled
> very well by ksvg.
> I tried it vith all the cvs icons and fixed almost 99% of them and now
> thay looks ok with ksvg, it also destroyed some of them, so some work
> must be done by hands

Cool approach!

I tried the results in sodipodi. From the 88 only 3 were rendered. While it
works to render them on the screen, it does not yet help to make them
available for artists working with sodipodi. May be Inkscape will give better
results, though.

I attach the 3 that were rendered. You are on your way to make a black and
white set :-)

Theoretically, the .ai files can be rendered to svg with scripts
(pdf2ps-pstoedit / sketch), and your script can repair them...

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists
old:
http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita

["chardevice.png" (image/png)]
["exec.png" (image/png)]
["network_local.png" (image/png)]